News

Cockroach runs across bar during hygiene inspection!

Article

A cockroach ran across the bar during a hygiene inspection at a dirty Indian restaurant, a court heard.

The restaurant was visited by inspectors after repeated complaints about rubbish in the back street and a strong smell of rotting food.

They were said to have found dirty kitchen equipment, dirt on walls, doors and a floor and an infestation of cockroaches - one of which was said to have scuttled across the bar while inspectors were there.

The owner admitted five food hygiene offences and failing to display a valid food hygiene rating sticker.

The business had been shut voluntarily, but then a notice was served banning food activities. When it re-opened, it was still displaying the four-star rating. By September 2016 the condition of the restaurant had "significantly improved", the court heard, and a food hygiene rating of four had been awarded again.

The restaurant was shut for ten days and a pest control firm had been brought in.

The owner was fined £10,125 and ordered to pay £3,750 costs.

He admitted five food hygiene offences and failing to display a valid food hygiene rating sticker.

If you're experiencing any pest-related problems why not see if we can help? Click here to find out more.

Back to top